Adobe Systems Incorporated today announced Adobe® Photoshop® CS6 beta, a preview of what’s to come in the next release of the industry standard in digital imaging, is available as a free download from Adobe Labs. Customers can download the beta, try out the experience and provide feedback to the product team. Packed with groundbreaking new innovations, features and incredible performance enhancements, Photoshop CS6 beta is available for the Mac OS and Microsoft® Windows® platforms. The final release is expected in the first half of 2012.
“Photoshop CS6 will be a milestone release that pushes the boundaries of imaging innovation with incredible speed and performance,” said Winston Hendrickson, vice president products, Creative Media Solutions, Adobe. “We couldn’t wait to share this beta of Photoshop CS6 with our customers and are looking forward to hearing from them and seeing the ways they are incorporating the beta into their daily creative workflows.”
Click here to download the Photoshop CS6 public beta from Adobe Labs
Finally, a major overhaul of the industry standard in image editing software! Adobe has made some huge changes in the upcoming release, some of which are outlined below:
- GUI – Completely redesigned, this version now looks more like Lightroom, with dark gray menus and background, and new icons.
- Auto and background saves – Finally, no worrying about crashing in the middle of major image work.
- Content-aware Patch and Move tools – Hugely successful Content-aware tools are now even more powerful.
- Blur Gallery – No more plugins needed for Bokeh and Tilt-Shift blurring in post!
- Color Range: skin tone and face detection – Automatically detects skin tones with a large database of ethnic variations.
- ACR 7 – In line with Lightroom 4 and Process Version 2012
- Crop tool – Redone to also more closely mimic LR4′s crop tool, with the ability to hide and not delete pixels.
- Properties panel – Expanded image properties and adjustment panels.
- Video support – Video editing within Photoshop…. not sure yet what the benefits here are, but could be useful if you don’t have Premiere.
- Oil Paint filter – A new standard filter for creating paintings from photos.
- Auto correction settings – New “Auto” in Levels and Curves focuses on Brightness and Contrast without messing with colors.
- Adaptive Wide Angle filter – Automatically fixes distortion caused by wide angle lenses or panoramic stitches.
- Type Styles – Enhanced text modifications.
- Printing UI – Completely redone printing UI for added flexibility.